Often when I tell people I am a Fiber Artist, they say huh? What’s that. So I thought about changing to Textile Artist. But textile is a bit limiting.
- A thread or filament formed from a vegetable tissue, mineral substance, or textile.
- A substance formed of such threads or filaments.
- A type of cloth or woven fabric
- – a fascinating range of pottery, jewelry, and textiles
- The branch of industry involved in the manufacture of cloth
- Used by nudists to describe someone wearing clothes, esp. on a beach
So you see my dilemma? I don’t want the nudists thinking I’m all about clothes. I’m going to stick with Fiber Arts. After all, I do use more than cloth and woven fabrics in my art.